Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scatterbrained

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't been better about keeping up with posting. For now I'm going to blame it on my excitement about my upcoming trip (one more day to go!). But in a sad attempt to make up for it I'm throwing out a bunch of my inspiration files for your reading pleasure.

The first photo is the style I most aspire to.  I would love for my whole house to look like this. Maybe this is why I always gravitate towards blue whenever I decorate a room.  I've been trying my best to put splashes of it into my family room.


House Beautiful (I think)

This next photo is the inspiration for our master bathroom. Since we just built we won't be doing the amazing tile work below. But maybe painting grey stripes with one of those translucent metallic paints might come a bit closer.


Don't remember where this one if from. If you know let me know so I can post it.

I seem to be on a roll with inspiration photos for specific rooms of the house. So I'm going to go with it and give you another one, this time for the kitchen eating area.

Courtesy of Bandelle Blog

Just swap out the walls for a lighter grey color since I'm not about to repaint. And swap the natural table for a dark color wood and something square, but the same turned legs. I'll have to put a casual twist on it since it isn't the formal dining area. One of these days I'll put together a slightly tweaked moodboard

I'm keeping my eyes out for more inspiration. We've got a few more rooms to go. And an office in desperate need of help. Just envision your room glowing neon green at night. Blech.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pattern on the small sofa! I'm usually a pattern chicken but this is really calling to me!

    ReplyDelete